Thank you for your interest in our school. We fondly refer to ourselves as KMCP. We believe that our program is unique in Kernersville and the surrounding area; in that we offer a strong academic program in a nurturing, Christian environment with Montessori inspired curriculum and methodology. Furthermore, our emphasis on “positive discipline” and our commitment to remaining affordable, not only gives your child the best “first start” in life, but also makes us an outstanding value!
*Please Note: If your child is a returning student, then you are expected to come to our annual “Registration Round-Up” held in January each year to re-register your child for the following year. In order for us to hold your child’s spot, you will need to return your child’s new registration packet by the end of January. The $125 Activity/Supply Fee is due at that time.
Admission For New Families:
Step 1: Schedule an appointment with our Director to tour our school.
- Call the school office at 336-993-2379 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your appointment.
- Appointments are generally held on Monday or Wednesday afternoons at 2:30 – 3:30, during our annual registration drive which begins the last week of January for new families and extends through early Spring.
- These appointments are for the parents AND THE CHILD.
- The Director will explain our school programs and policies while giving you a tour of the classrooms and playground.
- The Director also takes this opportunity to give your child a “Montessori Lesson,” thereby screening your child for suitability for our program.
- Note: *We generally host an annual “Open House” during our “Preschool Sunday” celebration which typically occurs the last Sunday of February to which the public is invited.
Step 2: Submit your registration packet.
- This includes your registration contract and your signed “Program Choice” form.
- You must pay the non-refundable $50 Registration Fee + the $125 non-refundable Activity/Supply Fee at this time, in order for us to hold a spot for your child.
- We expect you to submit your registration packet within 2 weeks of your tour, or we will assume you are no longer interested and we will not be responsible for holding your child’s spot.
Step 3: Submit shot records and complete the “Registration Checklist” given to you at the time of your tour.
Step 4: You may request the opportunity for your child to spend a morning in a classroom, but you MUST make an appointment to do this. It is for the child only.
- Tuition is paid in 9 equal installments from Sep. – May.
- Tuition is due on the first day of the month. There is a 5 day grace period. After that, you will be charged a $25 late fee. If you are late 2 months in a row, that is grounds for dismissal. However, if there is a family emergency, please let the Director know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- There is a 10% discount given to Kernersville Moravian Church members and a 15% discount for subsequent children, after the first child has paid the full tuition. You may NOT ‘double-dip’ with these discounts.
- The signed registration and “Program Choice” forms represent a contractual agreement with KMCP and the parents to enroll their child for a full school year, and therefore, pay a full year’s tuition.
- There is a one time, non-refundable $50 registration fee.
- There is an annual, non-refundable $125 Activity/Supply Fee.
- Both fees are due at registration, and are required, in order for us to hold your child a spot in our program.